Tuesday, July 05, 2005

What's your personal motivation plan?

I know how difficult it can be to motivate yourself to do business during July and August, so let’s start the summer off with an exercise in self-discipline. I recommend you read the article, The Importance Of A Personal Motivation Plan, by my friend Kelley Robertson, now featured at About.com.
http://sbinfocanada.about.com/cs/management/a/motivationkr.htm?nl=1

The story starts kind of slowly, but page 2 offers lots of ideas for ratcheting up the motivation and making sure you do what has to get done.

I especially like Kelley’s final words of advice:
“Lastly, associate with positive people. I have made it a point in the latter part of my career to distance myself from negative individuals. They drain your energy, will not support your goals and desires, and do little to motivate you. On the other hand, positive and optimistic people will uplift your spirits and help you through challenging times.”

This is a hard one. But it is devastatingly true. Negative people who fail to see the everyday miracles around us will drag you down – and there are lots of them out there. Stay close to the upbeat friends who know you can do anything you put your mind to. Optimisim begets success.

No comments: