Saturday, December 10, 2005

When entrepreneurs make money

Most of my career has been about helping entrepreneurs make more money. What they did with it was their business.

Until now.

This week I agreed to start writing a personal finance column for MoneySense Magazine (a sister publication to PROFIT). My first column is due in January, so it won't be out for months, but I hope you will follow along.

MoneySense editor Ian McGugan and I agree that entrepreneurs have a lot of issues around diversifying their investment portfolios, business succession, tax planning, saving for retirement, and so on, so I am looking forward to jumping into all of these areas.

If you're an entrepreneur with suggestions for topics to cover, please let me know. You can leave a comment here or email me at rick@rickspence.ca

In case you're keeping track, this is now three regular column gigs: I write "Frontlines" for PROFIT, and "From the Outside In" for Alberta Venture. I try to write regularly for Corporate Knights as well, when other business doesn't get in the way.

No comments: