How do you make sure clients think of you when they're ready to buy?
Nicholas Boothman, a fashion photographer turned consultant in face-to-face communicaiton, offers 18 tips on his website for staying "top of mind" with clients and prospects.
Here are my favourites from his list.
1. Become a recognized, or published, expert in your field
2. Ask if you can stay in touch
3. Touch base every 90 days or less, for 90 seconds or less, with an email or phone call. Let them know how you are doing, find out how they are doing
4. Challenge the status quo
7. Introduce two clients, with mutual interest, to each other over lunch
12. Connect your client with new resources
18. Ask for advice
For the full list, click here.
But remember who told you about it first.