Monday, March 19, 2007

Best Entrepreneurship Quotes Ever: Week 24

Continuing our series of powerful motivational quotes, personally selected to get your week off to an inspiring start.

This week: Wisdom You Wear. When I first became editor at PROFIT, many people still asked what "entrepreneurship" was. So we decided to communicate our viewpoint through that most universal of media, a T-shirt.

The long-since sold-out PROFIT t-shirt had the magazine's logo on the front and this saying on the back:

"Entrepreneurship: It's not a job. It's more than a business. It's a way of life."

In later years, I realized that entrepreneurship is more than a way of life: it's a way of thinking. It's an opportunity-oriented approach to life and all its challenges that stems from a way of thinking that begins, "I can control what happens to me."

And I just happen to think that that is the most important message of all. Maybe it's time for a new t-shirt?

No comments: