Friday, November 20, 2009

As the World Turns

This post isn't about entrepreneurship, exactly. But a huge part of business is knowledge and insight and understanding how the world wags, and what wags it.

So you might find the following quiz of interest.

It's a 12-question quiz devised by the U.S.-based Pew Research Center to probe your knowledge of how various peoples of the world view themselves and other parts of the world.

At the very least, it will open your mind to different ways of thinking. Which to me is the first step in business: stepping out of your own shoes and being able to understand the world as it is, not as you would like it to be.

Scoring is not important: the point is to learn a few things you didn't know. Having said that, I got 6 out of 12.

Check out the quiz at
http://pewglobal.org/quiz/iq/questions/

Then come back and leave a comment to let me know how you did.

1 comment:

POS Pat said...

Those were all fascinating questions. You did better than I did: I only got four right.

But, like you said, scoring isn't the point when it comes to this survey. Each question really teaches you something interesting about the world and how you perceive it. For instance:; I was surprised to find out that France felt so highly about the United States (considering how the US often bashes them so), and I also assumed that the Chinese would be so confident in themselves as a nation that they would answer that they had already surpassed us as the world's number one super-power, which was an incorrect assumption.

Anyway, thanks for making me aware of this quiz, I shall be passing it on to others.

-Pat