Thursday, January 07, 2010

Do you need an executive coach?

My column in this week’s Financial Post looks at executive coaching: what can it do for you?

The starting point was a coach I met in Vancouver, Mary Ellen Sanajko of Conduit Coaching, who was running a draw at the SOHO Cnnference a tradeshow offering one lucky winner a month of free coaching. I asked her to let me write about the experience once it was over, and that’s what we did.

The winner, Vancouver accountant Fiona Chan, got a lot of great advice for starting her business, although in three sessions she just scratched the surface of the benefits of a sustained coaching campaign.

Excerpt:

"Chan is still spending more time dreading sales calls than making them. But she insists the project was a success: "Now, I know what to say. I have more confidence dealing with people."… Now Chan says she has become a convert to coaching: "I got more clear about myself," she says. "I'm not looking for perfection anymore."

You can read the full story here.

Feel free to leave a comment here if you have had any experience with business coaching.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

YAY!! Another convert to coaching! That's awesome. This is a great testimonial to how well coaching helps you to learn about and understand yourself - the fact that Miss Chan got "...more clear about myself" is huge! Thanks for sharing the good news about coaching.

Jonathan said...

Thats great! Executive coaching can really make such a big difference in someone's life and set them on a road that will lead them to their true potential... and when they reach it they will be amazed at what they are capable of.