Friday, November 10, 2006

Questions for Curves

Inc. Magazine recently interviewed Gary Heavin, co-founder (with his wife Diane) of Curves, the 14-year-old women’s fitness chain that has suddenly become the world’s largest fitness franchise, with 10,000 locations in 42 countries. Inc. asked him 10 questions: I’ll give you a preview by sharing the best four.

What's the least glamorous thing you do regularly in the line of duty? Dealing with all the problems that rise to the top. They're usually simple misunderstandings that require my intervention. I apologize a lot.

What skill would you most like to improve? Praising people.

If you could go back in time and do one thing differently in your business, what would it be? I would go back and say "I" and "me" less, and "us" and "we" more.

What keeps you up at night? I cannot think about work after 6 p.m.; if I do, I'm up all night, so I don't, ever.

For the rest of the interview, click here.

No comments: