Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Best-Ever Entrepreneurship Quotes, Week 76

Here's your motivational quote, personally selected to get your week off to an inspired start.

This week: what does "Competition" mean to you?

"Bill Maher and I are on against each other, and we're friends. He can do my show any time he wants, and I've done Politically Incorrect several times. There's no reason to think competition has to be adversarial."

Tonight Show host Jay Leno

Does this make sense to you?
How could your business work constructively with a competitor - without letting any of your other stakeholders (especially your customers) down?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prefer to work with my competition rather than against them. There are about 30 people in my business in my city. I've made what I call "strategic alliances" with them. If I get a call from one of their "ideal potential clients" I refer it to them. Hence, if they get a call from one of my "ideal potential clients" they send them over to me. In the end, everybody is happy because we are all working with our own ideal clients. Bonus point, our clients are happier because they are working with someone designed just for them.

The other great thing is that if we need help with one client or another we have someone responsible, capable and trustworthy we can call on.

A sole-proprietor shouldn't work SOLO.