Larry Rosen, CEO of men’s fashion retailer Harry Rosen Inc., spoke last November to members of the Upper Canada (!) chapter of CAFÉ, the Canadian Association of Family Enterprise.
He offered 10 Fashion Tips for sartorially challenged males, which is most of us, I suppose. Try them on for size:
1. You can only under dress, not over dress.
2. Men in suits look powerful, authoritative and sexy.
3. Successful people get their shoes shined-often.
4. Dress for who you want to be and the position you want in life.
5. If there is something in your closet that you haven’t worn in a year, it’s trying to tell you something. Give it to Charity.
6. God is in the details (architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe)
7. (a) the leather colour of your belt should match that of your shoes
(b) the colour of your socks should match that of your pants.
8. Eyeglass frames that are ten years old look ten years old.
9. More expensive clothing should look and feel better. If it doesn’t, don’t spend the extra money.
10. Try something new. Everyone can benefit from getting out of their rut and dressing more eclectically.
Click here to visit the website of CAFÉ Upper Canada.