The PROFIT 100 list has always been your roadmap to Canada’s new economy: the companies and industries that are actually growing fastest and strongest. (And of course the list is actually 200 companies long, not just 100). Many people use the list to better understand where the economy of tomorrow is headed; and of course other people use it as a great source of prospects, or a list of companies that are always hiring.
Trends this year:
· The No. 1 company is Allegro Mobile Solutions of Mississauga, Ont., which develops software for mobile business applications and devices. With 2008 sales of $17.7 million, it has enjoyed five-year sales growth of 8,741%.
· Average 5-year growth rate of the top 100 firms is 2,262%. Even the 100th-ranked company (IntelliNet Technologies Inc. of Richmond, BC) grew by 899%.
· 76% of PROFIT 100 firms made a profit in 2008.
· 73% of PROFIT 100 firms are exporters.
· Research in Motion breaks a PROFIT 100 record by qualifying for this list for the ninth time. (Few companies ever make it more than twice.)
For more information and insights on the P100, click here and here and here:
· PROFIT 100 List
· NEXT 100 List
· No. 1 company profile: Allegro Inside
· Success stories
· Best Practices
· From the editor: Heroes for Hard Times
· 2010 Nominations
Or just click here to see PROFIT editor Ian Portsmouth talk about the list yesterday on the Canada AM morning news.