Susan Aldridge is the cold-call queen.
Based on reader reaction, my 2005 PROFIT column on her cold-calling consultancy was one of the most popular articles I've ever written. (And why not? Everyone hates cold-calling, and few know how to do it right.)
Susan is conducting a one-day cold-calling workshop in Toronto on Tuesday, June 23. If you or any of your staff need a refresher course in telephone sales and prospecting (and who doesn't?), this session comes highly recommended.
Place: Seneca Colege (Finch Ave. West at Don Valley Pkwy)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 905-841-9951
My original story seems no longer online at www.Profitguide.com. So just for you, I have copied and pasted the original draft of the column into the comments, below.
For those in a hurry, here is the original sidebar that ran with the story:
Susan Aldridge’s Top Cold-Calling Tips
1. Smile when calling!
2. Never stop dialing: it may take 10 calls or more to reach a prospect.
3. Don’t ask, “How are you?” Say, “I’m wondering if you can help me…”
4. Track all your calls and your results.
5. Find an Accountability Buddy. Share your goals and keep them updated on your progress.
6. Don’t stop calling till they ask you to.