I sat down to ask myself, "What makes a great entrepreneur?"
What skills, attitudes, learnings and outright gifts can most help people to build good products and successful companies?
Here's a list of 25 essential skills and traits I came up with. Only the top 10 are in any sort of priority order.
Which of these do you think are most important? Which other skills/attitudes would you add?
And which of these strengths should you be actively working on?
- Vision and creativity, to see things that aren't there, but could be.
- Communication skills
- Ability to plan
- Project-management abilities (all businesses start as a project)
- Financial literacy
- Resourceful; scrappy
- Budgeting skills
- Influence and persuasion
- Sales and marketing skills
- Ability to focus
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to make good decisions
- Hard work ethic; hustle
- Able to ask for help
- Able to assess other people, see their potential
- Open mind + ability to be decisive
- Ability to manage income uncertainty
Feel free to add other skills and traits in the comments.