Friday, July 22, 2005

The Author's Lament

I told a friend this story yesterday and he asked if I had blogged it. No, I said. This blog is not about me, but about business. He said it was too good a story not to blog, so I reluctantly agreed.

Caution: Unhappy ending.

I have written one book, Secrets of Success from Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies. It went out of print a few years ago, so last year, just curious, I went on Amazon.com to see if it was still on sale there. It was, but there was also a used copy for sale from someone in Maryland.

This was a first for me. Very excited, I clicked on his site to see what over-the-top praise he would lavish on my book in order to sell it. And there to my horror were the four words every author dreads:

"Mint condition. Never read."

No comments: