Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Monty Python, watch out!

The other day (two posts down, or click here http://canentrepreneur.blogspot.com/2005/04/have-you-heard-this-one.html )
I began sharing with you a few jokes that I have used in my work as a communications consultant. The best of them help illustrate some of my key points about communications practices and attitudes, and I thought it would be fun to post a few here. Then yesterday I got caught up with the way bloggers are reshaping Canadian politics, so I let the jokes languish for a day.

Now let's get back to the jokes.
(I'll be away for a few days in Windsor MC'ing Ontario Exports' Global Traders awards, so here are two yarns to tide you over.)

Lesson 3: Never assume you know for sure where the other person is coming from

An adorable little girl walked into my pet shop and asked,"Excuse me, do you have any rabbits here?"
"I do," I answered, and leaning down to her eye level I asked, "Did you want a white rabbit or would you rather have a soft, fuzzy black rabbit?"
She shrugged. "I don't think my python really cares."

Lesson 4: Writing matters everywhere
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer. When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read; stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level; stuff that will make them scream, cry and howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

No comments: