Tuesday, March 09, 2010

How to get my staff to do what i need

A visitor from Fairfield, Ct. (not far from my mom's family's old home in Westport) found their way to this blog yesterday by searching for information on the topic, "get my staff to do what i need." I find something sad about that question, including the writer's insecurity about capitalizing the "I".

Anyway, a post on this blog from August 2008 popped up as the second result in the visitor's Yahoo search. It linked to an article at the PROFIT magazine website (now called CB Online, but I still call it PROFITguide), in which a handful of people answered a similar question from a Canadian business owner on "How can I encourage my team to be more entrepreneurial?"

I reread the post and found it pretty good, so why not take a look? If you'd like your employees to go the extra mile for you, check out my 2008 post here.
Or visit the original PROFITguide article here.

A quick excerpt to wet your appetite:
To get your people to be more entrepreneurial, you need to answer a simple question for them: “What’s in it for me?” Sounds harsh, but it’s true. If you expect your people to stay late to get the job done, they need to share in the success.

No comments: